
MICHEL CAMILO
Já contei no blog que tive o prazer de conhecer pessoalmente o extraordinário pianista Dominicano MICHEL CAMILO, por ocasião de um concerto em Miami. É uma pessoa encantadora: educado, atencioso e elegante - nos gestos e na maneira de falar e se conduzir. E esses atributos pessoais se refletem na sua música, fazendo
dele um dos grandes nomes do piano.
----------
ALBUM REVIEW
About a year ago, upon asking my band director for some smokin' piano playing, I was introduced to Michel Camilo's "Live at the Blue Note" CD. Although I didn't appreciate the CD to its fullest at first (I was unfamiliar with jazz in general and had never even heard of Latin Jazz before), I understood that Michel was an extraordinary musician. After a few months, the CD grew on me and has recently become one of my favorites. I then looked to buy some of his other CD's, and I couldn't wait to get his solo album so I could focus particularly on his chops. What I found was surprising. "Solo" is quieter, more lyrical, more thoughtful than his "Blue Note" performance. There are no showstoppers, no real crowd pleasers. But what is present is an album well conceived and beautifully played. The depth of each song is amazing. Some people might agree with the previous reviewer who said that some of the songs sound "cocktail party-ish," but I disagree. An incredible amount of detail is put into each phrase so that every song feels truly organic and unique. It's obvious that Mr. Camilo puts a lot of thought and effort into his art, as even his CD booklet goes into great detail about how he went about recording his first solo effort. This album showcases Michel's softer, poetic side. For smokin' hands, buy "Live at the Blue Note" or "On Fire."
(By Eric Veninga - Dallas, TX)
---------------
MINHA OPINIÃO - neste álbum o grande Camilo homenageia o "Maestro Soberano", Tom Jobim, Francis Hime, George Gershwin, Theloniuos Monk et al. Tudo muito elegante, calmo, "soft". MICHEL é um craque e neste álbum mostra que , além do notório "latin groove" presente em tantos outros álbuns, ele tem jogo de cintura prá tudo, inclusive música clássica - como demonstrou no álbum "Rhapsody in Blue".
Desta vez ele optou por um clima relaxado e "cool", que levou uma lingua ferina a dizer que este álbum é "easy listening" ou "cocktail party". Tem gente que não devia abrir a boca... Mais um grande álbum do mestre Camilo.
(*) BILL EVANS também gravou Minha (All mine) de Francis Hime.
------------
MICHEL CAMILO: Solo (2005)
TRACKS/FAIXAS:
1. A Dream (4:01)
2. Minha (All Mine) (3:30)
3. Our Love Is Here To Stay (3:36)
4. Reflections (9:27)
5. Luiza (4:45)
6. 'Round Midnight (4:51)
7. Atrás Da Porta (5:55)
8. Someone To Watch Over Me (5:37)
9. Un Son (3:30)
10.The Frim Fram Sauce (3:58)
11.Corcovado (Quiet Nights) (5:40)
12.Suntan (6:33)
13.From Within (7:31)
Um comentário:
Download Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R51G3QJG
Postar um comentário