GEORGE SHEARING & MEL TORME
Este é mais um álbum imprescindível, da série de gravações em que Shearing coloca seu maravilhoso piano a serviço de cantores & cantoras.
-------
ALBUM REVIEW
I bought this album 20 years ago after hearing "Good Morning Heartache" on the radio. It was my favorite album for years. I stopped playing it when the scratches were too much to bear, and I got a CD player. I have listened to lots of Mel in the meantime. I love his work, but rarely has any music touched me emotionally the way this album has. Just now I brought the album out to listen to on my old turntable. I got a phone call towards the end of "Good Morning Heartache", and asked the caller to wait a minute. The caller said she loved the song, and was going to buy
the album based on 30 seconds of listening. I think you'll feel the same. Two performances in this CD are worth for it all ... but all is high standard here. Listen specially to Tormé's throwing his voice against piano and bass "contrapunto" on "Love"; and to the rendition of "Born to Be Blue". Very good. Just the two gems "A Nightingale Sang In Berkley Square" and "It Might As Well Be Spring" make this remarkable evening of Torme' and Shearing worth listing to! It's a fine jazz performance and Brian Torff (on bass) does an excellent job keeping up with these two jazz legends. Mel Torme' and George Shearing are tops.
~Ed Ames - amazon.com
-------------
MINHA OPINIÃO
A capa do álbum já diz tudo: da reunião de Tormé & Shearing, só poderia resultar um protótipo de classe e elegância. OURO EM PÓ!
------------
GEORGE SHEARING & MEL TORME: An evening with Shearing & Torme
PERSONNEL:
Mel Torme - voice
George Shearing - piano
Brian Torff - bass
TRACKS/FAIXAS
1. All God's Chillun Got Rhythm
2. Born To Be Blue Mel Tormé
3. Give Me The Simple Life
4. Good Morning Heartache
5. Manhattan Hoedown
6. You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To
7. A Nightingale Sang In Berkely Square
8. Love Mel Tormé
9. It Might As Well Be Spring
10. Lullaby Of Birdland

3 comentários:
o disco postado é outro, um concerto ao vivo com Tormé, Shearing e Mulligan.
muito bom tb.
aguardo nova postagem do disco referido no blçog
abçs parabéns e obrigado pelo maravilhoso trabalho
Paulo Matarozzi
DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.4shared.com/get/-vI9PXNx/MT__GS_an_evening_with_george_.html
Muchisimas gracias amigo!
Postar um comentário